I have always looked forward to
being a mom. I think a good majority of people can say that, but I reallyyy mean
it. I looked at moms with young children who spoke in their broken, still being
learned English, and was amazed how moms would know exactly what their little
ones needed. I couldn’t wait for that part of my life. I felt I would be ready
when the time came, as I have always been the one to follow the rules, be
organized, and act responsibly. For example, friends in high school gave me the
nickname “mom” because I always acted mom-like in these ways. I couldn’t wait
for that stage, because I knew it would be some of the best times of my life.
Now that I am mommy to my beautiful
baby girl Brooklyn, I couldn’t be happier. We have so much fun together and
there is absolutely nothing like it. It’s hard to say which age has been our
favorite so far, since it seems like we say that at every new stage of her
growth and development. Right now, 2 ½ is a pretty awesome age. We sing and
dance, read, play, and snuggle together to relax after a fun day. In one light,
I don’t want these days to ever end, but in another, I can’t wait to see what
she will be like at 5, 10, or 20 years old.
Check out this video by Marie Forleo about balancing life as a working mom. Like her, nap time is my school time!
Finding balance between trying to
be the best mom possible while trying to work and do well in school is not an
easy feat. It is so challenging to make everything work in harmony but I try my
very best to be a fun mom at home, family gettogethers, anywhere. I am always
the one running around with the kids on my back, playing hide-and-go-seek, and
playing puzzles on the floor. We dance and sing, act silly, and play princesses
together. It is fun for Brooklyn (and at gettogethers, her cousin too) but it
is so important to me. This bonding time is precious time that goes by too
fast, so I spend it with the kids. I know I’m just starting my child-bearing
years, and I have many years ahead of me, but I know too, just how fast these
years will go, and I know I want to spend them at the kids table.
💗
Ashley sounds like you love your daughter unconditionally. I also want to say good for you on multitasking with school, work, and also being a mother. I hope you are able to find that perfect balance, just think school is a speed bump in the grand scheme of things. Just a matter of time before you will be walking across the stage and moving on to the next hurdle.
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun age!
ReplyDeleteI feel the exact same way about my littles getting older. When my oldest was little, I realized that each new phase was more fun than the last. This way of thinking has helped me to avoid mourning my kids getting older. It's a much nicer way to look at things.
ReplyDelete